It's so late but I couldn't go to bed without first writing something, especially since I didn't make a concerted effort to find those hidden blessings today. I wa a bit preoccupied with the peripheral details of life.
So here goes:
I think today's blessing would have to be the joy of relaxing and enjoying the peaceful moments. Wednesday is really our only day that isn't run-around-crazy after school right now, and so we came home and just enjoyed being home. I must admit that I love rainy afternoons when there are no demands on our time and attention, and we can just hang out. I know this won't last forever; I know they will be increasingly busy as they grow older, so I'm really just trying to build lasting memories with them now while I can.
I'm grateful the Lord provides us opportunities here in mortality to just enjoy our lives in quiet ways. I feel so very blessed being where I am, with those who I'm with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment