Sunday, October 21, 2007

Same day, different post...

Today I recognized the Lord's knowledge of one of my more prevelant weaknesses: namely, procrastination. I have been in need of a signature from a member of the Stake Presidency on my temple recommend for almost four months now. It's truly a sad sign of my poor temple attendance: four months??? For crying out loud.

I made a date with a good friend to go to the temple this upcoming Friday night. Upon making this commitment, I realized that I would somehow need to secure the afore-mentioned signature. Somehow. Stalking a stake presidency member does not necessarily fit my profile, but I considered it, as I know it would be incredibly difficult to skip Scouts, Activity Days, YW, etc., and drag my four kids to the Stake Center on Tuesday night, the designated Temple Recommend Interview night for the stake, to sit in line for an indeterminate period of time (Sean is going to be out of town this week).

I do not believe in luck in regards to spiritual matters, and was therefore most jubilant to see the Stake President, our ward's own President Dance on the stand today. To better the story, I ran smack into him in the hallway a short time after sacrament meeting ended and secured myself an immediate interview. After a great conversation and interview, I got the necessary signature and am happily anticipating my temple trip later this week.

This may seem like happenstance to someone else, but it was a sure sign of the Lord's tender mercies to me. Sometimes I believe that the Lord clears paths for us and we fail to recognize it. We therefore rob our own selves of a huge warm fuzzy from heaven. He does care; He does notice; He does love us immeasurably. I feel that tonight.

No comments: